A Waaaaaaay Overdue Update!

For those of you who read my mother's blog, that title probably bears a family resemblance.... :D Anyway, I know that this post is extremely late, and I know that I deserve the wrath of the myriads of angry blog readers who have been waiting for the two songs I was going to sing last year, the mandolin I was working on, and the comic shorts I truly will be finishing... :D So... I humbly apologize and repent. I will try to do better. Go ahead and shoot me an email if I don't... I'll try to reply to that as well. :-O
What have I been doing recently? Well, I've taken all five of the GED tests, and I know I passed to (Praise the Lord!) and I hope I passed the remaining three. If any of you need a GED study book, you can send me an email and I'll send it your way as soon as my scores come in. It contains helpful annotations by me like these:
(On an essay about family planning) "Propoganda!!!!"
(On a discourse about millions of years) "Bologna!"
(On a presentation of the Big Bang Space Caplooey) "Hogwash!"
As you can see, my helpful comments will help you to discern truth from error as you navigate the shark-infested waters of the GED study guide. I guess that was probably dramatized overmuch... Oh, and I filled in the answers for some of the practice tests. Lord willing, the GED is behind me and it's time to move onto resume writing and filling out of applications. :D
Now for some music news! I'm selling a beautiful banjo for one of my friends (translate - thinking about buying a banjo) I realize this may sound like a sales pitch, but it has the most beautiful tone I've ever heard from a banjo! Members of my family who do not particularly like banjos had to admit that it sounds amazing. (If you want to buy it: http://goo.gl/1TBYKn) GULP! I know it's expensive, but it's definitely worth it. (Yes, that was a sales pitch, lol ) Here's a great picture of it:
 Let's dramatize that, just a hair...
Much better, thanks to The GIMP
Yes. I like to dramatize stuff.  Also, I purchased a Sigma guitar at a yard sale for $5 and I sorta fixed it up. I'll try to post a video of it on here sometime.

At the moment, I am stitching together a couch cushion that has once again fallen apart. Content yourselves with a rather rambling video I took a while ago and the knowledge that I soon shall post again. Good night! :D

Comments

  1. I briefly stopped by at 3:44 :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheronG10/01/2013

    "I will try to do better. Go ahead and shoot me..." - and then two words ruined the sentence :-p

    OK, I wouldn't really recommend violence, I just enjoy commenting every time your choice of words is unfortunate. It happens a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mind unfortunately picks out words that most normal, sane people would never think twice about. >:-) Ah, oh well. I guess you and I fill an odd niche in this world...

      Delete
    2. Your sister needs to watch you closer. xD

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12/03/2013

      Yeah, I really do... Pity school keeps me so busy. I'll have to have a talk with his little sister - she *should* be keeping an eye on him. Someone's falling down on the job though, I think...

      - Theron's sister

      Delete
  3. Hi, Nick! Glad to see you updated. Hope all is well with y'all. Nice banjo...but, I think I need to save my money:) LOL And, it's always a great deal to find instruments like that guitar at a yard sale. Praise the Lord for His blessings. I've picked up some from thrift stores for $5 before...so nice:) Classes are going great. Only have one more (next week - Comparative Theology) before I get a week off for mid-quarter break. Better go...busy day ahead with music lessons and class. Please tell your family "hello" for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banjo is certainly beautiful... I know I should save money as well, but it's a strong temptation. (It's sitting right next to me.) What exactly is Comparative Theology? I think I skimmed something about it once, but kinda forgot. I'll say hi to everyone - that or they'll read it. :D

      Delete
    2. Comparative Theology is the comparison of Covenant and Dispensational Theology. My brain is spinning just thinking about it:) LOL Brother Alexander (the evangelist that will be teaching the class) announced last night in church before he started preaching that if we chose to take it because we thought we were getting out of a hard class (Greek and Hebrew I) and going to an easy class, then we better go back to Greek and Hebrew I. My dad just starting laughing:) I looked at him and said, "I'm doomed!" I didn't take the class because I thought it was easy...I just wasn't up for Greek and Hebrew this week:)

      And...I finally got a score back on one of my classes - Theology I - last night. I passed it! I was so excited:) Still anticipating my Discipleship grades to come back in...curious as to what I got:)

      Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
    3. With much prayer and "sacrificed sleep" this week, I passed Comparative Theology last night with an "A"! Praise the Lord! Now commences my jubilee break...with my school time filled up with a lot of other stuff:) LOL

      Delete
  4. So, are you saying my mind is not SANE? I read the same as Theron did..."go ahead and shoot me..." then I saw "an email"! I was going to say, "Nick, we're not THAT mad at you!" Your banjo is perty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I guess I'm sort of dense. I thought that was worded so as not to cause any thoughts of that type...

      Delete
    2. TheronG10/07/2013

      Great minds think alike.

      Delete
  5. As far as stitching together the cushion goes, you have more sewing skills than my brothers! Maybe next time you see them you could give them a few lessons. Their poor old worn out in the knees jeans would appreciate it.:) Just kidding.
    Beautiful banjo! I think I've heard it before when the Moore boys and McLaughlin boys used to get together and play. I'm afraid I'll have to pass it up though.:( too bad.
    Great post, and Grrrr says hi! My brother (Matt) and me have been enjoying a long-overdue visit to the blog! I think he plans to leave a comment next and I will apologize beforehand for any crass/sarcastic remarks he might have.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah!
      As far as sewing lessons... my skills are not what they may have sounded to be. :O Stitching couch cushions for me involves string and curved needles, but no thread. Then I just take the needle and tie up any spot that looks especially bad. I don't know what to do when I reach the end of the thread, so I tie a large knot so it doesn't pull through. Not very scientific. :)
      Glad you like the banjo! Every day I play it, I like it more. I probably won't buy it though. :( Brian is giving me a commission if I can sell it, so the commission will be more than enough to buy a mandolin. Maybe I'll get one of those. :D
      Tell Grrrrrrrrrrrrr (and everyone else) I said hi! (Tell him I think I spelt his name with the proper number of r's) :D Thanks for reading my blog! :)

      Delete
    2. ROFLOL! Your sewing lesson description gave a good laugh this morning. (By the way, I am still sitting in my chair in case you thought I was really rolling on the floor :D)

      Delete
    3. ROTFL. The biggest, most common lie in history. xD

      Delete
    4. Totally agreed on that one:) But...did you just call my a liar??? :D

      Delete
    5. Ah... I didn't say anything, just stated a fact. The readers shall be left to their individual conclusions. :)

      Delete
    6. You weren't really lol'ing -_-

      Delete
    7. Nope! Laughing inside not out loud:) Haha! (but at least I didn't say I was ROF this time...that is always a lie...though the LOL part is sometimes true...though most of the time I LOL in my mind :D)

      Delete
  6. If I interpret Nick literally "shoot" means to send a object or in this case a email at a high velocity.Nick you should have said toss to avoid confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Throw, toss, shoot. Send with high velocity.Terms like "cut it out" dont make sense either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt!
      I haven't received any emails at high velocity yet... I guess I better post soon. :D Where did "cut it out" come into the picture?

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Forgiveness

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)