A Post on the Subject of Lack of Diligence in Blogging

Howdy guys and girls!
Thanks for putting up with my posts (or lack thereof!!!!) - I'm not going to pull the "I've been so busy" card again, so you don't need to read a long apology. :D

_________________________________________________________________________________
blog

noun. a place to release a monthly apology for not blogging regularly and little information besides

Example: "I guess it's time to do my annual blog post again. LOL"

_________________________________________________________________________________

I think that home definition of blogging pretty much sums it up. As should this picture:
Because a picture of my car is appropriate for all occasions. :)
Basically, I haven't been up to much lately besides finishing up as much school as I can. It's my last year when it's done, so it would be nice to finish before 2014... :) Some of you have noticed that my blog has changed. Those of you who haven't don't notice very much. :D I changed it because I was interested in doing something new and fresh. I rather like the new minimalist theme. I would be interested in feedback (I've already gotten some), BUT.... it doesn't mean I'll re-style it. What would be the point in having a blog if you didn't like the design? Enough rambling about my blog design.
This is a picture I took of Leah at a lakeside job.
Thanks to +David McKinnon for generously letting me Mom borrow his camera that I took the above picture with. I borrowed the camera to make a comic short, but I still haven't gotten around to it. Anyhow, Mom really loves the camera so she has used it probably as much or more than I have. It's not a problem because I haven't needed it much anyway. I do have to finish the comic short eventually - we've had the camera for a few weeks now. :-O Many of the pictures here are from his camera.
Congratulations, Steven and Charity! (all the wedding pictures were taken with my point-and-shoot camera)

The happy couple!

Mark and Seth playin' nice Appalachian Mountain type music after.
We had a great time at Steven and Charity's wedding. The country theme was great, and the fact that I knew 90% of the people there made it even more great!
Thanks for the picture, Nathan!
Prior to the general consumption of food.

Hay rides! Boy, they sure looked like fun! :D

A nearby lake.

Some flowers overhanging the sidewalk a little distance from our house.

More flowers on a tree.

The hikers! :D
Beautiful clouds!
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 19:1
Walking :D

Ah, yes. The classic "middle of the road" picture. I love this type of perspective shots. It's a real cheap way to make something look impressive. (And risk getting run over) :D
And... a poorly designed graphic to finish off with a laugh. :D
Raise your hand if that's happened before. [Sheepishly raises hand] :D
 

Comments

  1. Enjoyed all your pictures Nick!!!:) So much fun to see. Your road shot was really neat too. We like to take lots of pictures too. :) Way too many to post.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunt Nikki! Glad you liked all the pics! I have a hard time remembering to shoot pictures of people - I have so much fun with landscapes and scenes.

      Delete
  2. TheronG5/21/2013

    My £0.013 - this design isn't close to as good as the old one.

    At another time, I would think of something clever to say, but I had exams last week and my brain has gone on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's your chance for a clever reply. ;)

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the post, Nick! The wedding looked like a blessing...such a beautiful day for such a beautiful wedding:) Praise the Lord! Love your flower pictures too. They look perfect for Scripture prints. You seem to be having fun with that camera:) I can't blame you 'cause I would be too...LOL! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the pictures! Yes, I do love taking pictures. :D

      Delete
  4. Just loved your pictures, Nick! I do like the new minimalistic approach to the blog.

    The wedding looks absolutely beautiful. Nice picture of you there (: The photo from middle of the road was my favorite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +1 for the first comment in favor of the new design! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. The middle of the road pictures is such a cheap pic, but it's still fun. :D

      Delete
  5. I love the motion GIF on Google+ from Inspire! conference:) Looks like our family when trying to pose for a picture...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That is automagically generated by Google+

      Delete
    2. LOL! Did it just combine the multiple pictures that you had taken?

      Delete
    3. By the way..."automagically"??? Did you do that on purpose?

      Delete
    4. Yes it did and yes they call it automagically :-)

      Delete
    5. I figured I'd ask about "automagically" before I did something like the "Oh, you redesigned your blog!" thing:) LOL I'm still laughing about that:)

      Delete
    6. Haha lol! That was quite amusing

      Delete
    7. I'm sure you all had a wonderful "family fun night" over that one!

      Delete
  6. Also, I loved the "no sleeping on the job" animated gif you shared! ROFLOL That was too funny:) Hmmm...was that YOU sleeping in the chair? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOO... :D I would never do that. :)

      Delete
    2. It was one of those "viral" gifs if you would call it that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)

Forgiveness