Deadline Beat!

All is well. At least that's what it looks like.
Howdy y'all! I think I successfully beat the one-month deadline. Which, if you are curious about what that is, it does not exist. It is simply a personal deadline that I have to convince myself that I am a good steady blogger. Which, if you follow my blog at all, you have by now figured out that I am not. :D So now, in an effort to make up for lost posts, I am posting thousands of pictures on this post. Sit back and enjoy!
My buddy, Nathan Schoolfield, and me.

A junkyard he and I stopped at. I could have wandered through here all day.
A nice truck that was at the junkyard in Crossville.

A really nice truck that was at the quilt shop in Crossville.

Parking with the big shots. Grandpa and I parked right in between the two trucks.
A neat picture of Grandpa when he was in the U.S. Army.

Statue of Iwo Jima from the military museum.
Here, I ought to insert a short story that I was told by the veteran who ran the museum. During one of the World Wars (I can't remember which one) we ran out of space for prison camps in Europe, so we brought the German prisoners over here. One of the prison camps was right in Crossville. The way we treated the prisoners was extraordinary. They were fed four meals a day, allowed to leave the camp during the day, work a job in town and receive ample pay for it, and receive a pint of beer a day (even though Cumberland County was a dry county). I don't think that we should've given them beer, but we certainly treated them very well. Many of the soldiers married and settled in Tennessee. Most of them said that they were being treated better in American prison camps then they would have been in their own nation's fighting camps. Stories like this make me just as proud to be an American as the stories of our great war hero's deeds - men like Sergeant York and Douglas MacArthur. God bless America!


"Working" at the quilt shop... hahaha.

This license plate kinda gives you warm fuzzies... well, not quite. :D

A peacock at the Museum of Appalachia. I was half asleep when we stopped there and we stayed for only 15 minutes, so my pictures were few and indiscriminate. :)
At Cabela's in PA. I wish I had pictures of us in the shooting gallery. A few of us (myself included) hit every time. :D
Do we qualify as crack shots?
Congratulations Kurt and Heatherrose! As soon as we got back from TN, we had a wedding to attend! It's kind of bittersweet, because Kurt moved out of state when he married. :'(
This is something I saw on Google Plus - it's a brilliant idea! Sandwich bags that look like mold!
Loading hay onto a tractor-trailer truck with a friend. And that is not a tractor-trailer truck. The truck was not in the picture.
The cost of owning a car - expensive. I purchased the flanges for the catalytic converter and plan to try installing them this weekend or next Monday.

I now have plates - my car wasn't registered at the time of the picture.
Why is it that everywhere I go, people peel more stuff off of my car?
The following are exciting pictures from a local junkyard.
One of the guys who works for Dad has these initials and puts them on all his tools... apparently his cars too. LOL

Ain't that a beauty!

Moss-eaten magnificence.

The old dash. I thought it looked really neat.

This one is for you, Nathan. I couldn't go further back because of a fence.

How long has that grille been sitting there? A loooooong time, to say the least.

Older trucks.

More older trucks.

I think this bus has been sitting for a while too. :D

This truck isn't too bad looking.
...but I'll never do it. :D
Well.... that's all for tonight folks! I hope I haven't disappointed y'all. How many of you guys still check out my blog? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was zero. :D

Comments

  1. Well here's someone reading! Great pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, bud! You found this fast! I'm kind of waiting for David to release his contribution... it's looking good.

      Delete
  2. Jon Gleason4/13/2013

    I can sure remember some times when I could have used sandwich bags like that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have problems with Michael and Theron eating your lunches? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think those bags would save on our grocery bill :)???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, probably not. But if I do get to work at Small Dog, I'm going to get those for putting my lunch in the company lunch cooler. xD

      Delete
  5. TheronG4/14/2013

    I still check your blog occasionally - once every two or three weeks, usually immediately before going to bed (i.e. late at night), hence the stupid comments I make on it occasionally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly explain the problem, but not excuse it. :D

      Delete
  6. I still check your blog:) Congratulations on beating your deadline...LOL! Currently snowing here...already got between 4-6 inches today and still coming down steady. Supposed to get another 3-5 tonight. I thought this was spring...April fools maybe:) Haha! I'm just glad the snow is white again:) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I decided to check your blog last night, but (wait for this) - it was gone!!!!
      So, it was a bit hard to comment on it. :D

      Delete
    2. I know...I deleted it. "Good, better, best..." It's not best for me right now. But I'm still going to keep up on your and your mom's blogs...I thank the Lord for letting us get to know you all through this means. I'll probably write to Hannah more often now:) LOL Hope you're having a GREAT day!!!

      Delete
  7. Hmmm...May 12th is only two weeks away. Wonder if you'll beat your deadline again??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that was a challenge? BTW, i got a brilliant idea for your next clothing product line! Wait for it - western shirts! :D They're really expensive, but they are really neat... (hint, hint)

      Delete
    2. Hey, thanks for the idea...I'm serious about that! I would love to make them (especially as I like them myself; you may have noticed from blog posts I only have one...'cause they're really expensive:D) I'll start looking for patterns. Thanks for the suggestion! If you (or you mom) have any more suggestions, let me know:)

      Delete
    3. What do you think of this one? ...

      http://westernpatterns.com/westpat1_067.htm

      Delete
    4. That one looks pretty good! It's hard to tell though, 'cause it's a pencil sketch. This (http://www.wexpress.com/product/.890-BLACK/Men%27s-Retro-Western-Shirt--BLACK.html?cid=10308) is the one I have. I especially like the white lines and the pearl buttons. The one down-side is that the particular material is like a cat hair magnet, and...
      ...we have cats. I guess I should have gotten a different color. But the black really is nice!
      I'm sure if you make 'em, I'll at least buy one! :D

      Delete
    5. Sounds good:) I'll keep looking and try to find something similar:)

      Delete
  8. Nick the picture of the tree growing out of the grill would make a wonderful card or something if you could come up with a clever verse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick the close up of you sitting in Grandpa's truck would also make a great card just needs a fitting verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad there aren't any verses about trucks in the Bible... you know, like "Old trucks are always better than new trucks."
      Maybe the one about horses for the day of battle would work? :D

      Delete
    2. TheronG5/21/2013

      Some trust in chariots, and some in old trucks...

      Delete
  10. Great pictures! I enjoy reading your blog! =]

    Ella,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. You changed the style of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know that... :D

      Delete
    2. Maybe it has something to do with Google+'s latest "redo"....I think what you had looks better. Here's a link of what I'm seeing:

      https://picasaweb.google.com/117654222149246660461/PrintScreen#5878768687712276290

      Maybe my computer went funny...that's probably the most likely cause:)

      Delete
    3. Lol no, I redesigned it to look like that. My last comment was sarcasm. ;)

      Delete
    4. LOL...apparently I was too tired to pick up on that last night! Haha:) I should have taken note to your smiley face...then maybe I would have noticed you were teasing!!! Have a great day:)

      Delete
    5. It's not really up for the vote, but what's the general consensus on the design of my blog?

      Delete
    6. Well...uhhh...for looks...I think I liked the old style better...but it took FOREVER to load on my computer! For speedy loading purposes...I LOVE this style! (that's only a vote from one blog reader though...maybe you should put a poll on the sidebar :D) Please tell your family hello for me:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)

Forgiveness