Cry Freedom!

Howdy y'all!
Sorry if the last post was incoherent, sarcastic, anything like that. It took me 45 minutes to complete it late at night. I received an email from CSW a few days ago and I thought I'd share it with you. Let me state right now that because I post their links and writings, I don't necessarily endorse their associations and probably some of their doctrinal stands. The same applies to anything I repost from VOM as well. That said, I am very thankful for both of these ministries and I am certain the persecuted believers are as well.

Now for the email:

Would you keep going to church if it meant you’d be arrested, imprisoned and possibly tortured?
Would indefinite imprisonment in a shipping container or solitary confinement in an underground cell make you renounce your faith? 
Thankfully, these aren’t decisions that you or I have to face every day.  But for Eritrea’s Christians, it’s their daily reality.
Since the government came into power in 1991 it has become increasingly repressive.  The military now controls every aspect of society: there is no freedom.  
For Christians life is even more difficult and they face the harshest treatment.  The government is suspicious of them, believing them to be unpatriotic because their highest allegiance is to God.  To the government, this makes them a threat.

But don’t just take my word for it; a well-known church leader wants to tell you himself what life was like for him in Eritrea…     Eritrea Unknown?
Your tweet = spotlight on the Eritrean Government
Now you know some of the horrors of life in Eritrea, what you are going to do?  Will you use your freedom to help bring freedom for suffering Eritreans? 
Using your freedom doesn’t come with a price, but it can make all the difference.  Here’s how:
Simply donate a tweet a day for the next two months and help put the spotlight on the suffering of Eritrea’s people.   We’ll send a tweet a day to raise awareness of the human rights abuses committed daily by the Eritrean regime. 
The Eritrean Government denies that persecution exists in their country.  
Your tweets for the next two months will help make it harder for them to deny the truth and shine a spotlight on their actions.
Thank you for standing with us. 
Blessings,
Emma
CSW Campaigns Manager
I don't have twitter, but if I did, I would do this. I have signed their online petitions before, though. If you have LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Digg, Reddit (YUCK!), or any other social media service, please post the hashtags #Eritrea, #Persecution, and #EritreaChristians to let people know that we care.

Comments

  1. Would it be possible to make the type a little bigger? I can't read most of this post. Thanks. Maybe I am getting old :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted F.7/11/2012

    Thankfully the US is starting to place sanctions on the government. For too long it was "hands off/look the other way". Basically only sanctioned religions make the grade. For others it's dire. Some star chamber decides what makes the grade. Scary! Freedom of religion is easy to take for granted until others start throwing you in jail or worse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Forgiveness

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)