The Smith's!

Today, Brother Preston Smith and his wife, Sister Abi ministered at our church. It was a wonderful time of encouragement, challenging, and fellowship. Brother Smith showed slides from the ministry of Japan and the very touching video below.



You are heartless if you can't even get a little teary-eyed after watching this video. Even you guys. I know we want to be "tough," but I'll always remember Mr. McBride (The 9th, 10th, and 11th grade teacher at A Beka Academy  and, IMHO, the best one. He truly loves the Lord.) who watched the video "Trail of Tears," and he a "strong" boy, got some "dust in his eyes" (the way he put it) during the showing of the video. It's not always a weakness to "weep with those who weep." That is the mission field of the Smiths, their parents, the Evans, the Matthews, and others who I'm sure I've missed. I've put their blog in the sidebar so you can go to it. 
Brother Smith shared a few stories and though I can't share them all here, I'll try to share one or two.
An evangelist was boarding a flight, and one of his practices was to give the stewardess / flight attendant a tract to read when she had free time. As the flight progressed, the stewardess walked in and asked him what was going on. She had received six tracts recently. Well, he told her that she needed to be saved, and she trusted Christ as her Saviour. A short time later, she was serving on the flight that crashed into the World Trade Center on 9/11. Because the evangelist followed the Holy Spirit's call, she went to Heaven when she died. Brother Smith's father verified the story by calling the evangelist, and it's all true.
The second story is about a girl who was at Niagara Falls and climbed up on the railing to get her picture taken in front of the falls. The area is very wet because of the mist from the falls. She slipped and fell to her death down in the swirling blue water below. Unless she believed in Christ, she went to hell. Shortly after, a couple confessed that they had seen her climbing the rail and had not warned her about the danger of doing so. They now felt guilty. Likewise, ought we not to feel guilty when someone slips into eternity without us telling them of the gospel? 
Last one for now. I wish I could have remembered everything. His wife was walking through the mall one day and saw this rather frightening looking man sitting on a bench. You have probably met some of these people. I'm am usually scared of people with lots of tattoos, an earring, long hair, and a big scraggly beard. I don't know exactly what he looked like, but Brother Smith says that he was in Rochester, NY and when I looked it up on Wikipedia, it seemed to be a rather violent place. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester,_New_York#Crime Anyway the Holy Spirit prompted her to give him a tract, and she did. Who knows, maybe we'll see him in Heaven someday! Pastor shared about he has sometimes turned around in his car to give a tract to someone who he saw passing by. Praise the Lord! These testimonies were a great encouragement to me as well as a challenge.
One last thing: the picture of the smiths on a hill - you see what looks like an ocean, but underneath those clouds is a field (population is greater than my home state and 13 others) that is "white unto harvest."
Well folks, this is the most text I have ever typed on my blog. :-) And my hands are tiring a bit. I do have to finish the chicken post. Y'all have a good evening!
In Christ,
Nick

Matthew 28: 19-20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)

Forgiveness