More Mandolin Building!

So Dad helped me tremendously today with my mandolin project. Nope, I'm not strumming on it right now. It is (seems) to be coming along though. :-) So here are some pictures:
After I traced the "map" on.


Illustrating how to shape the contour on the mando. I'm afraid I drilled some of the holes too deep. Well, I'm stuck with it now, and it looks all right. :-)

Dad illustrating how to use the grinder (He did about half of the top for me, for which I was VERY thankful! That thing can chew up wood like a bear can eat!)
Some of you are probably saying, "Did you do anything? I don't see you in the pictures!" That's because... I'm taking the pictures. :-D Mom may have posted a few of me at work on her blog, though. Ah, yes! I found one:
Please excuse the goofy face. That's why pictures of me are rare - I have a hard time making nice faces in front of the camera.
Some of the boys boiled about 1/2 gallon of syrup today. I did it last time, so it was Joe's turn this time. :-) We happened to have more sap this time; therefore, it boiled from about 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM. Late. :-/
If you hear any loud music while visiting my blog, sorry. I'm working on a media player. (Salinn, if Mercy is in the room, you may want to turn it down. :-) )
Y'all have a great evening!
"Cowboy" Nick

Comments

  1. That mandolin is looking great!!

    P.S. You have a nice blog. I hope this is "fitly spoken" and ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! And don't worry, you were fine.

      Delete
  2. Your mandolin project is coming fine. Looking forward to hearing you play it, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It could be a while, but I'm looking forward to playin' it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)

Forgiveness