Mandolin Day 2

Howdy y'all!
Today a couple cousins came over to meet Leah. I visited for a while, and then (being the unsociable introvert that I am) disappeared to the storage unit with Dad to get some lumber, I mean, tonewood. My tonewood happens to be nothing more distinguished than a carefully cut piece of 2 x 10. :-) We worked it out so that there are no knots, and the grain is as straight as possible. In the end, we had two fair-sized pieces and I glued them up. 2 x 10's are made of spruce for those of you who are as ignorant as I about building. (Quite embarrassing when you consider that Dad IS a carpenter... :-) ) Enough typing! Picture time!
That's about all there is to it. I glued the two pieces of spruce together and will (hopefully) be able to cut them out tomorrow.
What you have seen is pretty much all that is necessary for pictures. For the keen observer who has noticed the nasty knot in the corner, that will be cut out.
Just a random picture from my vacation pics. Here is Jonathan at Niagara Falls. I had him pose at the water's edge. The rocks are very slippery, but I made sure he would be safe. Then Gracie comes flying around the corner - "Nick! (panic in voice) He's going to slide off and DIE! How could you do something SOOOO unsafe?" He was a little scared, but it wasn't SO unsafe as it looks.
Hey, at least I didn't have him stand on the edge when I took this one. :-)
We also saw a black squirrel there, a first for me. They are native to our area, so I'm surprised I haven't seen them before.
Y'all have a great evening!
~"Cowboy" Nick

Comments

  1. Perhaps that sound is something hanging from your sleeve, making a 'walking' sound as you type. Maybe it's a button on your shirt that taps the desk as you type ...okay, those are my guesses.
    As far as the pictures go, those are great of Niagra Falls. I went there with my parents when I was a teen, then Mr. V and I went back for our first anniversary. Yes, those black squirrels are so neat. I've never seen one in our state, but I hear that they are here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) this article, consider leaving a comment so I know that ya stopped by. :) Go ahead, use smiley faces. :D And please keep your comment "with grace, seasoned with salt." Thanks!
"Cowboy" Nick

Popular posts from this blog

The God of Second Chances

Forgiveness

Safety Day '15 (Part 2)